GOSPEL. COMMUNITY. MISSION.
We are devoted to making the centrality of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (as opposed to licentiousness or religion) our primary focus in life and ministry.
1. The Gospel is the joyous declaration that God is redeeming the world through Christ (Matt 1:21; Luke 1:68; Eph 1:7; Col 1:20), and that he calls everyone everywhere to repent from sin and trust Jesus Christ for salvation (Mark 1:15; Acts 2:38; 17:30).
2. Each of us has sinned against God (Rom 3:23), breaking his law and rebelling against his rule, and the penalty for our sin is death and hell (Rom 6:23).
3. But because he loves us, God sent his Son Jesus(John 3:16; Eph 2:4; 1 John 4:10) to live for his people’s sake the perfect, obedient life God requires(Rom 8:4; 1 Cor 1:30; Heb 4:15) and to die in their place for their sin (Isa 53:5; Mat 20:28; 26:28; Mark 10:45; 14:24; Luke 22:20; John 11:50-51; Rom 3:24-25; 4:25; 1 Cor 15:3; 2 Cor 5:21; Eph 5:2; Heb 10:14; 1 Pet 3:18).
4. On the third day, He rose bodily from the grave (Mat 28:6) and now reigns in heaven (Luke 22:69; 24:51; Heb 8:1), offering forgiveness (Eph 1:7), righteousness (Rom 5:19), resurrection (Rom 8:11), and eternal blessedness in God’s presence (Rev 22:4) to everyone who repents of sin and trusts solely in Him for salvation. (adapted from Together For The Gospel)
STATEMENT OF FAITH:
- The Bible was written under the Holy Spirit’s perfect inspiration of each writer. Thus it contains all that God desires to reveal to men concerning salvation. The Bible is the single and absolute standard for faith and practice.
- The living and true God is one, who is eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God created all things, visible and invisible, from nothing, the same being subject to His absolute sovereignty.
- Adam was created in the image of God and in right relation with God, but was tempted by Satan and sinned against the will of God, thereby incurring both the pollution and punishment of sin, with the result of both spiritual and physical death. All human beings are therefore born with a sinful nature, being sinners in thought, word and deed.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, died on the cross for the sins of the world, was buried, and was raised again on the third day according to the Scripture. He ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of God where he executes his ministry as high priest for us.
- Because of the substitutionary death of our Lord Jesus Christ, all who believe in Him are forgiven of their sins and justified by faith and redeemed from the penalty and dominion of sin. There is no other way to salvation.
- The Holy Spirit is a person whose ministry is to convict and regenerate sinful men, making them children of God,conforming them to the image of Christ; and empowering them for effective world evangelisation. He has perfect liberty to do as He pleases. He gives spiritual gifts of graces as He wills, for the edification of the church.
- The church universal is the body of Christ, and all who are born again by the Holy Spirit become members thereof, Christ being the head. The church on earth, in a manner befitting Christ its head,should maintain purity of faith and life; and should preach the Gospel to every creature.
- Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, is coming again personally, bodily and visibly. He will raise bodily the just and the unjust, one to everlasting blessedness and the other to everlasting punishment, after which He will renew all things and deliver the kingdom to God the Father.